Tuesday 7 May 2013

Original label ideas

My initial idea for my DVD label was that of planet Earth and another planet merged together.
I began by picking a picture from Google of Earth that I liked, and began by using Photoshop to edit the image which I would then later import into Illustrator.

I used the magic wand tool to select the parts of the Earth that I wanted. I decided to keep the sea and so selected the land. Once I had all the bits of the land selected that I wanted I then deleted them to leave me with just the sea.
After I had done this I then placed this in Illustrator. I then began thinking about how I could merge another image into it, and what to do next.


I started to experiment with solar flares, and adding another planet behind the sea layer but could not find anything that I found suitable. I tried inserting just a plain background.


I decided that I didn't really like this effect either and didn't really know how else to develop this label further and so changed ideas completely and began looking for other inspiration.

Sources:
http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0610/graphics/nospin_2-lg.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment