Wednesday 8 May 2013

Colour Correction

I used this technique when I had both clips from the Cloverfield film, which were the ones containing the action. The reason I used this tool was because when place side by side and played the back the two clips were of completely different colouring and I felt that one clips looked out of place and in turn didn't fit together sufficiently.
One of the clips already had an orangey tinge to it, shown below, while the other was a much darker colour and not as bright.


The colour correction is found in video effects and is added to the clip in the same way that a other standard filters are added and just dragged and dropped on. When the effect is added and effect controls to the video are selected a circle is shown.
Here you can alter the brightness and contrast of the video this in turn allowed me to make the darker clip brighter and not as dark.
I can also drag the colour of the line that is shown in the circle and rotate it round to alter the colour of the clip. I quite like the orange effect in the second clip, and so altered the first clip.
This tool also allows you to emphasize or de - emphasize details in the clip, but this I chose not to use.


I moved the scale to the section, but found that this was not a close enough match to the other clip, and so I began to edit the colour of the other clip, by using the same tool, in the hope that I would be able to edit both  clips to a close match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment