Wednesday 8 May 2013

Cutting clips

When creating my DVD trailer I was required to cut some of the clips that I downloaded, to allow me trim and change the size, and in turn just get the sections of the clips that I wanted to use in the trailer. 
To do this I double click on the video that I want to use and this then in turn goes on the left side of the screen. I then play the video and move the play head to the part of the clip where I want to cut the video and again move it to the end to the selection where I want to end the clip. 
When at the beginning of the selection I want and use the mark in and mark out tool, shown below. The green bar that the appears in the section in the middle is the selection. 
I can then drag the clip down by dragging the picture on the screen down, I can then place this into the clips bin. The clips bin will then contain all the clips that I have cut, with the original footage still being available in the original footage bin.
The clip can then be dragged across onto the timeline and be used in the trailer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment