Saturday 4 May 2013

Research for DVD Cover

Before I started creating my DVD cover I decided to do some research of current DVD covers, so that I could take ideas and inspiration. I looked at covers with the same genre of what I had decided so to get some examples of related works.



War of the Worlds: 
I liked this style of DVD cover as the title is large and instantly clear and able to be seen easily as the font very readable. The main characters are also easy to be seen and imposed on a background which gives a small insight into what the film is about.



Avatar:
The Avatar DVD cover is somewhat completely different, although the title text is still bold and easy to see and read, but the front cover is the complete face of a character. Although it shows instantly what the film characters are like this isn't what I want to implement for my DVD cover. The back of the cover however contains 4 pictures in a row, similar to that of a photo negative, this effect is something that I like and could do on my own DVD cover.


Star Wars: 
I like how the Star Wars cover contains all the main characters on the front, and has their faces blurred into the front cover picture, and feel that this is something that I will implement into my cover. Again the title is clear and can instantly been seen by the consumer. However I do not like the back cover, as feel that the amount of text is too much and could become overloading, and so when making my cover I will not have as much text on the back and instead just a short blurb about the film.


Sources:
http://www.coverdude.com/covers/star-wars-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-2disc-se-r2-front-cover-12706.jpg
http://duygs.edublogs.org/files/2011/11/avatar-ws-r1-front-cover-38989-1jt42j1.jpg
http://s186.photobucket.com/user/cinemink/media/CUSTOM%20DVD%20COVERS/WaroftheWorlds-CustomDVDCover1.jpg.html

No comments:

Post a Comment